Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tick, tock ... tick, tock ...

The Race to Robie is inching closer and closer each day ... I wish I could say it was motivating me to run as much as possible.  In fact, the opposite seems to be true.  As the race gets closer I seem to be finding every excuse in the book NOT to run.  I have been doing longer runs ... but definitely taking more days off in between.  I've resigned myself to the fact that my finish time will not be what I want it to be AGAIN this year.  Bummer.   

View from Saturday's run - in the 70's - AMAZING day!
I have really been enjoying my time on the trails though.  I look forward to going out in a few weeks and just running for the fun of it ... no tracking, timing, or STRESSING.  I'm also looking forward to more Spring weather.  The last few months have been a bit brutal out there, cold temps and biting winds -- but I have covered a lot of ground and gotten to know numerous trails in our foothills that I never new existed a few short months ago.  I'm eagerly anticipating hiking with the kiddos and our lil' doggy in the summer ... I envision picnics creek-side and warm sunshine on my shoulders (I refuse to acknowledge the reality that our little outings will most likely also involve a lot of whining, complaining, and bickering!)
View from Tuesday's run - Explored new trails!

I am proud of my youngest little guy though ... he was  real trooper yesterday and joined Zoe and I on a hike in the whipping wind.  Even a little rain didn't scare him away -- we made up games along the way about having to jump over sticks crossing the paths and took turns calling the puppy back when her hound nose lead her on a bird chase!  We even managed to snap a few pics!  Like the puppy, my baby is growing way too fast ... soon his afternoons home with me will be a thing of the past.  I am glad we will have these memories.

        
         
 
         

No comments:

Post a Comment