Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sorry kiddos, no sleeping in today! :)

My oldest two were out of school today for teacher inservice ... so they got to run trails with Mom and the puppy instead!  After a hard rain last night, I was doubtful we'd even make it out today but the weather was perfect this morning -- cool, calm, refreshing and even the sun made an appearance from time to time.  My kiddos were real troopers.  I was so impressed and proud at both their skill and determination.  I didn't grow up running, but I truly hope it's something all of my children will embrace and enjoy.  I certainly saw some smiles today! 

3 days till race day ... I've been taking most of this week off and freaking out a little (OK a lot) about doing so.  Today's time on the trails felt nice -- nothing too crazy, just a little practice of both the physical and mental variety.  And it's looking like Mother Nature is going to throw in a nice little twist for us with an unseasonably *hot* race day.  Should be interesting!



No comments:

Post a Comment