Wednesday, March 21, 2012

How 'bout a few more hours in the day ...

I keep thinking I need a 36-hour day just so I'll be able to *possibly* accomplish 1/8 of my daily "to-do" list.  Granted, most of the items on my list are recurring tasks that are not pressing, but nagging -- things like cleaning out junk drawers, fixing the ding in the wall, going through all my kids outgrown clothes, printing thousands of pictures that are doomed to be forever stuck on my computer till a terrible crash forces me to lose them all and re-think my serious lack of organization.  That's pretty much what it boils down to ... try as I might, my severe lack of organization drives me NUTS on a daily basis.  I make attempts, one closet or drawer or file folder at a time.  But what I really want is the magic organization fairy to come in and get it all done at once!!! (Or at least arrange for sweet children to be cared for and entertained somewhere far, far away on a long weekend so I can tear into everything without interruption or protest.)   I like to imagine my content self, reclining in my favorite chair, book in hand, smile on my face knowing that each and every nook and cranny in my humble home is purged, minimized, clean, labeled, organized, sparkly and efficient.  Yah, right ... maybe someday!

Until that lil' fairy appears I'll just keep tackling this stuff as best I can and try not to let it overwhelm me.  I always go back to this lovely little saying often seen flying around Facebook and Pinterest ...

Pinned Image

My children are young, our lives are busy, we own a dog and a cat ... my house is just not destined to be glistening each day!  And I'm ok with that ... well at least for a few minutes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment